The Physical Planning Department shall:
- Advice the District Assembly on national policies on physical planning, land use and development.
- Coordinate activities and projects of departments and other agencies including non-governmental organizations to ensure compliance with planning standards.
- Assist in preparations of physical plans as a guide for the formulation of development policies, decisions and to design projects within the Assembly.
- Advise on setting out approved plans for future development of land at the district level.
- Advise on the conditions for the construction of public and private buildings and structures and assist to provide the layout for buildings for improved housing layout and settlements.
- Ensure the prohibition of the construction of new buildings unless building plans submitted have been approved by the Assembly.
- Advise and facilitate the demolishing of dilapidated buildings and recovery of incurred cost in connection with the demolishing.
- Advice the Assembly on the siting of billboards, masts and ensure compliance with the decisions of the Assembly.
- Advice on the acquisition of land property in the public interest, and undertake street naming, numbering of houses and related iss